Saturday, July 10, 2021

Cupcakes...and Snakes?

Snakes and cupcakes seem like they don't really go together. 

I mean, I have never seen a snake eat a cupcake. Come to think of it, I have never seen a cupcake anywhere near a snake...until last weekend! Last weekend, we visited the girls for the holiday weekend, and while we were there, I finally met Bill. 

Bill is a Kenyan sand boa, and the newest member of my son's family. His full name is William Snakespeare (of course), and he (she?) is pretty cool. But even though I met and held the snake, which was fun, my real objective for the visit was seeing these two cupcakes!


Yes, as long as I was there, we DID make actual cupcakes as well! How could we not? After all, it was a holiday weekend, and we did have all the reds, whites and blues at our disposal! The 10-year-old was even at the ready with her camera for a finished photo to share with friends when we were done...so fun!

Besides making cupcakes, we visited a local children's zoo, and that was a blast too! Lots of places to see how one measures up...



...plus animals...


...and fun rides on the carosel! 

The 6-year-old was a little leary, choosing this stationary seat for her first ride...

Yes, we had fun, and then we headed home again, a little sad, as you do when they live in the next state. But we will see them again soon, and I am looking forward to spending time together with the whole family later this summer! Yay!

For now, it's back to the grind, with an occasional grandson, or two, thrown into the mix. 


I hope that your Saturday has been good so far! Have you done anything fun lately? I'd love to hear about it, so drop me a comment!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment