Saturday, January 9, 2021

Re-Evaluating

With the world in its current state, I am re-evaluating some things. I'm not offering solutions or pledging my faithfulness to anyone in particular (well, except Jesus...and Pop Pop), but all the dismay in our country has me thinking. So. Much. Thinking. It has impacted my 2021 knitting mojo, and these mitts are all that I have worked on in the last 7 days...

I also think I am stalled out because I bought a bit more yarn over the holidays than usual. I'd show you a picture, but I am a little embarrassed. This also got me to thinking, "If Jesus came back today, how would he feel about my 'treasures' here?" Because I think he could come back any time now...so I feel like I should take a hard look at my stuff...like, I found this in a closet this week...

A radio from a car that we bought when the kids were learning to drive...15 years ago. Our son took this radio out to put in a better one, and I told him to keep the old one. So there it was, in the closet of his old bedroom, with his baseball trophies (which will become his treasures the next time we see him).

In the last week, I have cleaned out 3 closets and some basement craft supplies, and I have filled the big, black trash can out back twice. This led to the finding and organizing of over 750 photos (there are more, I have to get more albums), and these great finds...
1982
1993
1997
I feel like most of my fashion and hair decisions in the 80s and 90s were made under the influence of hunger, as I was always dieting. But, looking back, I have no regerts! (Future me, this is not a typo. It is a reference to a commercial for Snickers that takes place in a tattoo parlor...ha!) In fact, it is almost my duty to share these photographic treasures. Look at all the joy and laughter that just brought to my blog friends and family! (You're laughing with me, right?)

Back to the point...I feel good about my progress, and I plan to keep going. Less junk is less to clean, and less for my kids to clean out if I leave before Jesus does come back (see Swedish Death Cleaning...which I heard about in a blog this week...lol!). And if Jesus does come back first, I will feel so much better (I hope) about the treasures that I do have left.

So, if you need me in the next couple of months, check the nooks and crannies of my house (I should be easy to find as it gets less cluttered). Or maybe check that bin of yarn over there...hopefully all this cleaning out will also lead me back to the knitting mojo. 

I hope that your knitting mojo is strong, and that you are in a relatively good head space. I am getting there, I assume!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." 
-Matthew 24:42-44

No comments:

Post a Comment