Saturday, October 10, 2020

Soctober is for Socks!

I kindof wanted to start this post with something about struggling through life, because those posts tend to get more reads...and, what can I say? I like to be popular! But today's post is all knitting, and Socks are the theme, for sure! (FYI, I did fall out of bed last night, so there. There's the drama, and I am fine.)

Socktober is the time of year that knitters knit socks. Socktober also has a more noble purpose (click here to learn about donating socks for the homeless before winter), but this post is about the knitting. I's about my knitting, my sock knitting, to be super-specific. I had a goal to do three pair of socks this month, and I am doing pretty well. I finished a pair for Peanut that I had started at the end of September...

...and I knit a second, smaller pair for Sweet Pea...

These were fun, because I had the girls pick out yarn on their last visit, so I know they will both like the colors! Also, we are planning to visit them in the next couple weeks, so I will bring them and actually be able to see how they fit, for future planning. 

My next pair will be fun because these will be my 2020 Christmas Socks! I try to knit myself a pair of Christmas socks every year now, and I only wear these from Thanksgiving through Christmas...so far, I have 10 pair, and this will be pair number 11. I have three yarns to choose from in my stash:

I already have a pair of Poste Yarn socks in this color (Jollyville), and I think I bought it for a hat/scarf/mitts set...but I can't remember if I had patterns in mind. I do have two skeins of it, so I probably had a plan.

The Destination Yarn is Destination Yarn!!!, and I love all her colors and bases. I especially like this one because it is subtle in its Christmassy-ness. I love how Downtown Holiday Lights captures the dark of the sky and the streets as you drive downtown to see lights in December!

And the Cascade Heritage Wave, in color 513 Holidaze, was an add-on to my Jollyville purchase a year or two ago...and it really is not captivating me today. (FYI-I am not sure when the sock yarn drops at Simply Socks Yarn Co, but there is typically a sizeable, group order at the Annual Knitters' Christmas Party the first weekend in December...bwaaahahaha!)

Anyhoo, I chose the Destination Yarn, and look how pretty it is with my morning coffee today...

...and in the sun while I wind by hand! 

...and all "caked up!" 

And now I am ready to cast on! I have chosen a pattern with a traveling stitch that should show off the colors as they play in the variegated skein, and I am excited to cast on my Prairie Spring socks while I join in some Zombie Knitting Network (ZKN) fun on the internet this afternoon. I'll check in with my progress next week, and maybe some drama to up the readership. Lol!

Until then, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment