Saturday, October 17, 2020

Frantically Fall

This week has been hectic and busy and all the things! It has still been good, but it has had its moments, to  be sure. I think Frantic is a really good word, and I am glad that Saturday is here.

Today, I will be spending the day with my daughter and her family. It's another great day for walking in the park, checking out the kite flyers in the field and throwing rocks in the water...which is hilarious, by the way!



Frantic Fall has brought me many new challenges, like learning how to livestream for the church I work with. We streamed our first event yesterday, and it went pretty well! 

Since we are getting ready to start meeting in person again, this is big stuff, and it is fun to learn. I only wish there were more hours in the day! But we have a good team, and we are figuring it out. :) 

Socktober keeps moving on, and I am a little more than halfway through the second sock of pair three for the month...which is a LOT of socks to knit in a month for me!

These cat-approved Prairie Spring Socks in Destination Yarn (Downtown Holiday Lights is the colorway) will likely be my last for this month, then I am on to holiday knits and one commissioned piece. More about that when I cast on... For now, I will just keep knitting, drinking coffee and learning new things about online technology. You know I love technology (when it works)!

One of the things I love about technology is the ability to connect with people, especially during season of pandemic, when face-to-face is a little more difficult than usual. I have actually found flocks of new friends via group texts (usually started by a mutual friend) and random Zoom meetings with groups I have "known" in online forums for years!

Over the past few months, we have celebrated new babies, new beginnings, and some sad losses too. We have supported one another through kind words and deeds, and I even received a gift from the "leader" of my "Work From Homies" text group, because...you know, Coffee IS my spirit animal!

Thank you, Mary. Thank you to all of you online and around the country (even the world) who have joined into my community and fostered connection in this time of isolation! And thank you, blog readers, for being in my online circle by reading and commenting. I look forward to the day we can schedule in-person meetings with less anxiety, and maybe give a handshake or a hug in celebration of our sweet survival skills!

How are you all getting through? Are you joining virtual groups, or enjoying your 10 or less "bubble" groups in person? Have you learned a handcraft or taken up some other hobby? If you are still looking for that thing that will help you center your thoughts and emotions and help you survive the stress, may I suggest knitting? I know it is something I look forward to every day. Knitting, for me, is an escape from the anxious thoughts and feelings, and also a welcome (though temporary) distraction from the hard things I have to, but don't necessarily want to do. 

Whatever your thing is, I pray that you will enjoy it in good health, and I thank you for stopping by today. As for me, I'll just be over here, enjoying my family and Knitting in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment