Saturday, December 14, 2019

It's Christmastime...Let's Eat!

When I woke up this morning, I started cooking. This is fairly unusual, ask my husband! But he had mentioned that bacon would be good for breakfast, and I did sleep in until 7, so bacon (and eggs and pillsbury crescent rolls) it was! No actual "picture-of-bacon" proof, but this sums up the morning:

Tongs for bacon, spatula for eggs, wooden spoon and measuring cups for cookie dough (two kinds today!), and more! Let me tell you, the house smells great! This is a good thing, because last week, I had a major kitchen fail, and it cut me to the quick. You see, the knitters' Christmas party was last Saturday, and I was looking forward to the annual sock photo...

...and the "bloopers" (is she giving the socks the finger?!?)...

...aaand the food! I planned a chocolate-covered cherry trifle! I even borrowed a trifle dish...oh! This was going to be one fantastic dessert! But, the cherries did not gel, the chocolate custard did not set, and the merengues did not dry. It was very sad, but I made devilled eggs that were devoured, so in the end it was all good! And it was another fabulous party...

Thank you, Google Assistant, for turning some of my best photos into a fab movie for the blog! There is still so much to do today because...well...Christmas! Oh, speaking of Christmas and Thank Yous, THANK YOU to mah knittahs for all the creative and wonderful stocking stuffers!

Yes, this party continues to be one of THE best parts of my Christmas season! Lavender filled neck pillows, new magnets (including a magnet that is a tiny clipboard with tiny notepad...gah! Love!), yarn socks, potpouri, ornaments, snowman poop and chocolate!, notions bags, notions (which I put directly into the notions bag), did I forget anything? So stinkin' great, all of it! Thanks again, ladies!

So, that is where I am today, and it is time for me to get back to it. What is keeping you busy on this fine day? Or are you finally getting the chance to sit and relax a bit? Wherever the next 24 hours takes you, I hope your day is good! If you are in need of a feel good moment, here is picture proof that I am not only feeding my family on this gloomy winter day, but my porch pumpkin (yes, it is still out there...lol) is helping out the squirrel population...or the oppossums...or the chipmunks... (Gosh! I hope that I am not feeding the skunks...do skunks even eat vegetables???)

As always, thanks for stopping by, and Knit (and eat) in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment