Saturday, March 30, 2019

Spring Cleaning

"Clean up! Clean up! Everybody, everywhere - 

So started our favorite clean-up song when my kids were little! Yes, it is from Barney. Yes, my kids watched Barney. Yes, I watched it with them. At the time, I think we all enjoyed it, even though many of my mom-friends just. could. not. Barney., and I know they judged me for it. You know what, judge-y mom-friends? Your judgement does not determine my viewing habits! If I want to watch Barney, I will watch Barney! (These days, I do not want to watch Barney. Perhaps I have come to my senses?)

Anyhoo...back to cleaning up. Lately I have been looking at my phone storage (as you do), and wondering when I will actually reach capacity. Right now, this very minute, I have 5,262 high-quality photos and videos on my phone (and memory card), along with dozens of apps and other fun stuff...and I hope to keep this phone for at least another year. That means that I will need to clean it up...

After all, I have a new grandson, and Sweetie and I are planning a big trip overseas in early 2020...there will be more photos! I need to find a storage solution for all that digital content in the next few weeks. Any suggestions, friends? At this point, I am thinking of getting a thumb drive with a bunch of storage, but I am not sure if those "go bad" eventually. Another thought is an external hard drive (always a good idea, IMHO)... I wonder what do all my tech-savvy friends do? They probably do not read my blog...hahaha! Knitting friends, how do you save all those pics of your knitting and family?

I know that I will feel great when I have cleaned up my phone, but this figuring it out has me a bit stressed. I cannot just move it out and lay it aside, without worrying that I might lose the record of precious memories... For now, I will do my research and uninstall some apps to make space for more of the things that are precious to me. 

As I think about all the digital "junk" in my life, I have a new appreciation for all the "sin junk" that I no longer have to carry around. Jesus has taken all of that on himself, even the junk that has not yet happened (but it will, I am making new mistakes and sinning every day...ugh!). All I can do is say, "Thank you, Jesus, for cleaning up ME!" If only I would decide to stop holding on to my guilt and shame, as though they are precious photos that I want to look at every day, that would be awesome. 

For now, just like with those digital photos, I tentatively lay down my sin and the negative feelings as I confess my sin to the Father every day. As I try not to pick them up again, I trust that Jesus has taken them to the cross. And because I have been cleaned up by Jesus, I call on the Holy Spirit living within me to help me make better choices. 

It is a process, so as I lay things down, I fill my life (and my phone) with good things that I am thankful for...a good Word, the coming of Easter and Springtime, cats and yarn, and salvation for my soul! Even though the days are sometimes hard, the years are flying by, and then one day - heaven forever. Amen and Alleluia!

Wanna join me? 

Until then, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!
20...of 5,262...photos and videos on my phone. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment