Saturday, January 5, 2019

Too Much Fun

Some weeks are ho-hum, but the past two weeks in my house have been so fun! Christmas contributed, as did New Year's Eve, but the most fun part of the last two weeks was having grandchildren all around me! Mindy and the girls have been visiting, and I have felt all the feels.

Toys came out of hiding, some that had been hiding since Mork and Dollface were little kids...




And the girls brought new toys (received as gifts this trip) into the mix. Peanut is so proud that she finished with her Harry Potter set, even if we did manage to lose Hermione's wand...

We even went to the movies, and splurged on snacks to get us through Mary Poppins Returns (great film, by the way), and we have been singing all the songs. My heart is so full!

Today they head out, flying several states away to their home, and the doggies that have missed them so much while they have been in Ohio. This means that Pop Pop and I will be a little bit sad, but it is good to hold onto memories like these...
Peanut and Sweet Pea with Great-Gramma Rita.
And with Great-Grandpa Stan and Uncle Mark.

and we do still have this little football to snuggle with almost anytime we like...
The girls thought Baby Nugget needed a "Princess Crown..."
Aunt Mindy tried to get as many baby snuggles as possible!
so I think we're gonna make it. Still, if you see me in the next couple days, there may be leftover emotion in my eyes. But no worries. I am sure we will video chat soon, and there are other visits already on our horizons. After all, the girls have to check my progress on all the Barbie knitting they have commissioned.

2019 has started strong in the Pretty family. I hope your family is also finding joy in the start of another brand-shiny-new year! Now it is time for me to wrap this up and get started on my January knitting. Have you cast on anything new yet?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment