Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Palette cleanser...

I know, you want to hear about the holiday weekend, and all the fiber. Saturday will be the day for that, because I have simply run out of time (again). Still, there's something to talk about here, because I recently finished this:

Oooh! Aaah! Prettyyyyy! 

For a moment, I ran a pretty good game of yarn chicken, and I did end up losing...but it's just knitting, and there's always a solution, right? Right! Now, I know the dyer of Destination Yarn, and I was pretty sure that I could get a few more yards to finish, but I was just so impatient that I simply pulled out the bind-off and the last row of Chart B (a lace row), then re-knit that last, lace row, binding off along the way. I was a little worried that it might look funny, but...

It's just downright beautiful! And I will knit this pattern again, and I will try to get my hands on every single colorway of Destination Yarn, because that gal is a genius with color! I wish I were a genius at blocking, but I do alright...

Which is good, because I was itching to have this one off my size 6 needles. I have a feeling there will be a summer sweater on those needles soon, but until then, I had been working on a sock in Opal's Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night...

But I wasn't loving it, and although I started transforming it into a fingerless glove, eventually I just frogged the thing. Knit what you love, is my motto, and I wasn't lovin' it...so I went back to the tried, the true, the I-still-need-about-250-more-of-these hexipuffs.

Perfect, between-projects palette cleanser! 

Now, it's back to work for me today, and I'll work on that Woolapalooza 2015 post for the weekend! Everybody's workin' for the weekend, right?!? Right!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment