Saturday, February 22, 2014

Yarnigan? Yarn, again!

I made yarn! That is to say that I took another bunch of fluff,

and my prettiest spindle (both from 7yaks Design)

and I came up with yards and yards of this:

Yarn!!!

I've made yarn again, and here are the details:
Fiber: Merino, SW Merino, Mohair, Nylon (15%), Firestar, Bamboo - a total of 3.4oz. 
Direction: Singles spun Z, 3-plied S
Weight: Fingering
Yardage: ~310yds (if I counted it right)

I did take photos, along the way and at the finish, but I never did use a coin for perspective. I know it's fingering (more or less), a little thick here, a little thin there, but mostly right on, and I ended up with a decent yardage, so I am pretty happy about that! :) If I could change just one thing, I think I would have added a little less twist while plying...it seems a little wiry to me, and I think it's over-plied? Not sure...if you're an expert, please chime in! I do wish it was just a little softer and squishier, but overall, I like it! It's so very PURPLE!!! And SHINY!!! =D

Now, what should this Yarnigan knit with the yarn she made? She made yarn again!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that White Cat is licking her lips as she looks at your fiber. Snack time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy Yummy Yarn Yarn!
      (Because, of course, she says everything twice twice...)

      Delete