Saturday, August 24, 2019

Goodbye, Fiesta Lime Squeeze

Back in 2011, right around my birthday, we bought a new car. There is absolutely nothing noteworthy about this...we buy new cars all the time. I have lost count of how many new cars we have owned through our marriage, but I can only count two that I really, really loved to drive. The first was a sentimental Chevy Lumina minivan in the early 90s, and it held a special place in my heart as the first car that I picked out all by myself (because Sweetie was deployed, and we really needed the van with the kids!).

The other car that I loved was a Ford, which is super weird, because I am traditionally a Chevy gal. But this little Ford Fiesta was my favorite because of the color name: Lime Squeeze Metallic. I was once in a tiny fender-bender in this car (not my fault), and as the officer was taking my info, he asked, "What color is your car?" 

"Lime Squeeze Metallic," I answered, tipping my chin, lifting my eyes and gyrating my brows up-and-down-up-and-down. 

"I'm going to write 'green,'" said he, after a considerable silent stare. (That stare said, "Your car is green, Lady. Green. Settle down now.") Ahhhh! Memories! What a party car!

You've seen that car in many blog photos throughout the past 8 years, sometimes as the star, other times as a prop or photo-bomber, but this right here is your last view (and mine, unless I happen to see it tooling around town with another driver...), which I snapped as we drove off the lot in our new ride this past Tuesday:

Goodbye, Lime Squeeze Metallic 2011 Ford Fiesta, and thanks for the memories! You will be missed, but we are looking forward to having at least one car in the driveway with All-Wheel Drive this winter. So, hello Sparkling Silver 2020 Kia Sportage...I hope we also make many happy memories together, and that we can get out of the driveway on a snowy day when we need to!

What do you drive, friends? And why do you love it? I would love to hear all about your car memories (as long as they are G-rated)!

Whatever, you drive, I hope that your weekend is good! Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!
Picture of knitting, because...you know, it's a knitting blog!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your “Sparkling Silver” in the parking lot every Thursday!

    ReplyDelete