Wednesday, December 2, 2015

So. Much. Secret.

I looked around for something to blog this morning, and I realized that most of my projects are super secret. I mean, there are these socks...

But I haven't even taken new pictures since finishing the first sock (pictured above, before the heel flap) because I am so into the secret, Christmas knitting that I cannot share here (yet)

So, in the spirit of Christmas, I thought I would share about some of those Christmas ornaments on my tree, the ones I love so much. How about one per post until Christmas? That won't be all of the ornaments (by a long shot), and I am sure there will be some (not-so-secret) knitting mixed in...let's start right now, with this one:

It's one of my favorites! I received this Santa from my darling Peanut in 2012. I could tell you all again about how dear she is to me (and to Pop Pop), but you know that! Instead, I'll tell you what a crafty girly she is! She really enjoyed the princess cookie castle we brought for our last visit...

She likes to draw, color and paint, and she loves to trace her hands and feet for me...this is how we measure for socks and mittens, you know! 

Peanut also likes to play with yarn and needles and hooks, and although she has not mastered actual stitches yet, she will someday. It's in her blood! I can't wait until little Sweet Pea is ready to make Christmas (and other) crafts, too!

So, we are one crafty family, and I love my Santa ornament! I can't wait to tell you about some of the others as well...there are memories of so many dear ones on my tree!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment