Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Nine Lives, in Leftovers...

It's VBS week at my church, and I am the secretary, and I love VBS, so I volunteered for VBS every night this week, and even on very little sleep, I can still write a pretty good run-on sentence! However, when the knitter leaves the house for work at 8am, and doesn't return home until around 9:30pm for 5 days in a row, not much knitting gets done! lol! Even so, I've managed to knit 9 hexipuffs in the last couple of weeks, and here they all are:

Before they were hexis, they came from nine very different lives...socks, sweaters, hats...you name it! I've sure enjoyed the memories as I've knit each one...
1 is in a sweater and hat I knit for Peanut, when she was pretty small.
2 is in a hat for Mork.
3 is in Christmas socks. Remember the Christmas socks?
4 is in a pair of kid socks from 2007! That's some old leftovers!
5 is in Peanut socks, and Sweet Pea socks, and booties for a baby or two!
7 is in Bob socks.
8 is in Snake socks that remind me of peanut butter and chocolate.
9 is in my new favorite shawl/scarf!

These nine bring my total up to 175 hexipuffs, by the way - go, me! (For what it's worth, I need 225 more. I know. Crazy puffs, right?!?)

Now it's time for me to get to work. I've got a lot to do before 6:30 rolls around, and this crowd is once again in front of me, ready to Conquer Challenges with God's Mighty Power! 

Happy Hump Day! Happy VBS week! Happy everything to you! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment