Saturday, June 13, 2015

That's not EVERY DAY?!?

I was wandering around on the internet this morning, and I read something that I know I've seen before...and even though I know I've seen it before (so it is obviously a thing), I can't help but wonder: Do we need to declare a special day to knit in public?

Well, whether we need it or not, today is Worldwide Knit in Public Day, and from the articles and links online, I have to assume that a myriad of knitters will be participating. I suppose that's a good thing...but it's also good to knit in public on any Saturday in the park...

or any Tuesday at the doctor's office...

or any Thursday at work (or knit night at the church)...

or any day, really! Inside or out, it's always a good day to knit in public!

But today is a recognized day to get knitters out from under their cats, and knitting somewhere other than on their own sofas. =/

I suppose that's a good thing. I mean, I do like to knit on the sofa, under my cat...but it's also good to get out into the world and see people. Most of my non-knitting friends and family won't ask me why I'm knitting wherever we go on any given day...to them, and to me, and maybe to you (if you're a knitter), it's a given. If I'm sittin', I'm knittin',* even if there is no designated day. 

Happy Worldwide Knit in Public Day to you and to your knitting!

Now, GO! Knit in Public, and in Good Health!

*While I know that some do, I do not walk with my knitting. I am simply not that coordinated...some days I don't even walk well WITHOUT my knitting...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment