Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cards 2011

I mentioned last Saturday that I had a dilemma. Would Pretty Knitty Christmas Cards go out for 2011? Should Pretty Knitty cards go out? If they don't go out this year, will they ever go out again?

I mean, I'm feeling really Christmas-y. . .
Check out the knitterly gifts I received at the

. . .and I have enjoyed sending (and receiving!) annual Christmas cards for years. But, is my time for this tradition up? I mean, I love to come up with the words to share, and I love to play with the available technology to create and arrange photos for the annual correspondence. . .just look at the technology that hangs out on my desk each day!But with social networking (most of my card recipients are on Facebook these days), maybe my time for holiday cards is up. Don't get me wrong. . .I still love words (see the blog archives for reference, lol!), and I love to play with and share my photos. . .but there are so many avenues for that these days. I mean, gone are the days of only hearing from my cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and faraway friends only once a year. . .even my Army Boy "over there" communicates with me on a somewhat regular basis. . .by the way, if Army Boy were to send a Christmas card this year, it might look something like this:. . .because that's how his mom rolls. She photoshops Peanut into his friends' Facebook photos so it will feel like she and he are closer together. BTW, is she just the cutest, or what!?!

Thanks to all of you who weighed in on the options last Saturday, and thanks to all of you who are still sending me cards! I truly do love to receive them. :) But for now, I believe that my Christmas-card-sending days are through. Watch the blog for updates twice a week, and please comment or send an email anytime you like. :o) I'd love to hear from you, electronically or on paper.

Thanks for stopping by, Merry Merry!, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. those pictures of peanut photoshopped in will be priceless for ever. What a clever mom she has!

    ReplyDelete