Wednesday, August 24, 2011

NOT ANGRY. . .

You've met those people who are NOT ANGRY, haven't you? Oh, they have an axe to grind or a bad attitude to share, but just ask them. . .they will gladly tell you that they are NOT ANGRY!!! (I have added exclamation points for emphasis and embellishment, but please note that exclamation points are pretty standard when one states that one is NOT ANGRY.)

I will pause here to let you know that I have not had a bad week so far. As a matter of fact, I had quite a bit of fun over the weekend. . .I played with polymer clay for hours upon hours, and I came up with a bunch of fun stuff!
Besides playing with clay, I have also tried my hand recently at the wildly popular "Angry Birds" game on my smartphone. . .and let me tell you, it's just a tiny bit addictive!!! lol All this time with the birds has even inspired some new creations that will likely appear in the Pretty Knitty Jewelry shop soon!

But the more I looked at my birds, and the more I realized that they are close but not exactly like the birds in my favorite phone game, the more I got to thinking. . .these birds are NOTsomuch ANGRY. . .they are simply misunderstood. The red guy, he's NOT ANGRY. . .he is just incredibly frustrated at my lack of slingshot skills. The little blue one? He's NOT ANGRY either. . .he has a split personality disorder. . .that must be difficult! The blackbird is NOT ANGRY. . .he's a suicide bomber on a mission for his deity, and his religious conviction is startling. Last but not least, the yellow one. . .you know what? I think he IS angry! He may deny that fact in capital letters, and with exclamation points, but I think he (or she?) is angry. . .maybe because of the genderless depiction I have chosen for him (or her?).

At times like this, I am really thankful for the sheep!

There will always be more sheep in the shop, because the sheep just belong there. Sheep and yarn go together like rama-lama-lama-ke-dinga-de-dinga-dong! And, by the looks of things, we will also see some new friends at Pretty Knitty Jewelry. . .canine friends, home-sweet-home friends, and fall friends, too!!!


The new friends will likely keep their distance from the birds. . .no matter how NOT ANGRY the birds claim to be. Perhaps I will cage them, but then I might have to finally figure out why the caged bird sings. . .that might be too taxing for my Pretty Knitty brain these days. :)


I hope that you are not over-taxing your brain, or if you are, I hope that you are at least winding down with your favorite hobby. Thanks for stopping by, friends, and Knit in Good Health! (But please don't knit angry. . .it really messes up your gauge!)

2 comments:

  1. Love your new cuties! I have been over taxed the last few days, but I'm going to be knitting and having a glass of wine this evening I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin cute! Winding down here too, while recovering from one mother nature piss-off and waiting for the next.

    ReplyDelete