Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reflection on the Fourth

The Fourth of July, that is. But the fourth of any month could be cause for reflection, I suppose. The cable bill is due on the 4th of every month. . .did I pay the cable bill? I think I did. . .that's something to reflect on! But I'd rather reflect on the tadpoles in our Aunt and Uncle's pond at the annual 4th of July picnic, tho. :^)
. . .and watch "the boys" play corn hole (that's Sweetie with a couple of our nephews). . .

Of course, I could reflect on old friends, and NEW ones too! (A friend of Snake's came to visit from the Netherlands on Monday. . .yes, I said, "from the Netherlands!" They had gone to school together at Kent State, and Mr. Nether had returned to the US with his lady love to celebrate the nuptials of another friend and teammate from said school. . .the only address they had for Snake was ours, from the wedding invite, and we had a lovely time chatting over fresh iced tea and snickerdoodles!) Friends are good to reflect upon, and they are good subjects for photographs on the front porch, too!

Last, but certainly not least, is the yarn. Yarn is good for reflection. Reflecting on how much yarn I want, and on how much yarn I need, and on how much yarn I already have (which is "quite a bit," but I used some on an afghan recently. . .that's a good thing!)

Is it still called reflecting if I am lingering over thoughts of future knitting projects? Like, say, a new Shapely Tee? Because that's the next item I plan to cast on. . .I just printed a fresh copy of the pattern today, and that will be my "keep-me-sane-knitting" for the next couple weeks (I hope!), as the wedding plans and prep come together - Yay! I am using the same yarn (pulled out of the original tee) and knitting this in a smaller size - Super Yay! I can't wait until I have a progress report for you on that!

So, that was my Fourth of July weekend. . .relaxing, family picnic, wedding plans, and yarn. Happy Birthday, America! I hope that your holiday was just as much fun as mine was!


Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. I did forget to pay my cable bill..they called last night I better get on it today!!

    ReplyDelete