Saturday, September 12, 2009

Seeing RED!

And that is a good thing!

It has been ages since I have had a clay-play-day, but I had one today! I have already even baked and glazed the pieces and they are dry! Look to the right to see what I have come up with: some fair-isle looking sweaters and hats, a couple of socks and a mitten or two in the mix! The details are in white, blue and yellow, and these were very fun to make...and I have a couple of tiny pieces of the detail discs that I am going to make into stitch markers that will match perfectly! I should start listing these pieces in the shop in a week or two, so check it out when you have a chance!

Continuing in the red theme, these are my newest knitting project, Candy Cane Socks! They are knit in Plymouth Happy Feet yarn (I think the color is #4?) on size 1 needles, though the pattern is written for a heavier wool with larger needles. To adjust, I added some stitches between the candy cane motifs, and I made a few other adjustments to taste as well...like there is a row of straight purls between the motifs in the original pattern, but I replaced it with a plain knit row...and I will do two or three repeats of the candy cane (can't remember how many the pattern calls for) before starting the heel...I think that's it tho. I love this knit, and I am glad that I will finally have a pair of Christmas socks! With all the socks I know I have knit, I cannot believe that I didn't already have one!


In Knon-Knitting-Knews, this weekend we are Puggle-sitting! As a matter of fact, I was going to title this post "Watch! Don't Step in a Puggle!," up until I started working with the clay! My DIL has gone to another state to set up housekeeping for herself and Army Boy (when he returns), and her mom went with her, and they have two doggies. Sophie the Puggle (part Pug, part Beagle) has come to stay with us until her mom gets back to town! This is the first dog we have had in the house since our 12-year-old beagle passed in the spring, and the cat is not impressed! She tells us (and the dog) every time we see her! lol!


Well, it's just for a short time, and this is a really sweet dog (don't you agree?), so I guess the cat will just have to "man up" until the end of the visit! I think the funniest part of the visit so far was when the Hubster brought the dog up to bed the first night, and he let her sleep under the covers! Haha! I know he is great with kids and pets, but I was not expecting him to do that! My kids will understand that when they read it!

Well, I guess that's it for now. More details about the contest soon! (Don't forget that Dawn's contest runs until midnight tonight! Hurry over to enter!)

Knit in good health!

1 comment:

  1. Oh your clay pieces all came out so cute!

    Give Sophie some kisses for me! She is such a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete