Saturday, September 26, 2009

Contest, with a couple Distractions. . .

So, Heeeeyyyyy! I know it's late in the day, but it IS still Saturday! Here's a reminder of the prize and the rules:

Boku Yarn, AND
A row counter (you pick 20-row w/daisies or 100-row w/cupcake), AND
A Pretty Knitty Surprise Gift!
More specs in this post!

Enter by leaving a comment on the blog, AND/OR
Following the blog, and leave a comment telling me that you do or did, AND/OR
Email me, and tell me something about you at PrettyKnittyJewelry [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Dont forget to tell me which counter you would prefer. . .more specs in this post!

Each person may enter up to 3 times, and the contest runs until Sep. 30th! I will choose a winner and post in a special blog post on Thursday, Oct. 1st! Yay! Good luck, Everybody!

In the Knon-Knitting Knews arena, here have been my weekend distractions:

My beautiful daughter came home from college for the weekend. She is in the business program at her school, and she needed some clothes of the business-casual category...all she had were jeans.

We shopped for a good part of the day, and we had a good time, followed by Coke icees from Burger King for all our hard work. AND, we have decided to save her dad from the stress of knowing how much we actually spent. . .but she is set now. ;-)

After the shopping, we went to pick up the latest addition to our little family...this very cute little kitten. Said kitten has been to the vet, and introduced to the cantankerous cat we already own, and we are in love. This is a picture of her in her nap state, which we saw all afternoon.

Now, she is up and at 'em, romping all over the house, playing with everything. Haha! So funny to have a "baby" in the house again! I wonder what the puggle would say if she were to visit again. . .

Our next challenge is to name the little cutie! I will have to let you know. . .so far the names Olive, Spud and Revenge have come up for discussion. . .not sure who she will be. Maybe someone altogether different.

So, enter the contest, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Oh, and knit in good health!

2 comments:

  1. OHHH Olive I vote Olive..what a perfect name for a precocious black kitten!!!!

    I really like college girls hair cut! sounds like you 2 had a great day! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! College girl looks very grown up, and that kitten is adorable! I must admit, I did not see that coming! Puppy, yes...kitten, no. But I'm glad you have a new baby to love in your house, and I personally am partial to kitties:)

    ReplyDelete