Saturday, July 27, 2019

Knitting Season

Here we are, in the heart of Summer! When walks in the park are part of the plan most weekends...

When the cats want to sit on my lap, sharing and multiplying body heat to an uncomfortable level, especially if the heat index is nearing 100 F...

When kids get a break from school, and parents get a break from the break they get each day while kids are at school...

When knitters concentrate on smaller projects, because of course knitters still knit in summer! (And because Christmas is ALWAYS coming!)...

This summer, I continue working toward my 2019 knitting goals, which include:
1. January Sweater for me (my annual thing) **done, worn muchly, loved greatly**
2. Matching Christmas hats for my daughter, her hubby, and the baby (who will be 1 year old) **done, waiting for Thanksgiving** 
3. Wonderful Wallabies for two granddaughters **done, sent, loved**
4. A really creative gift for the annual knitters' stocking stuffer exchange (need 12-20 usually)
5. Harry Potter Scarves for girls
6. 1 year old boy sweater before the fall **started**
7. New hat for hubby, requested in red **done, waiting for Thanksgiving**
8. Slippers for everyone in the family (6 adults, 3 children) **started**
9. Make some progress on beekeepers quilt (a multi-year WIP) **re-evaluating** - how big a throw would the 232 hexipuffs I have makes? Should I start putting it together?
10. Knitted Nativity before Christmas  **done, waiting** 

I love that the Stockinette Zombies' annual KAL this year is really a GAL (Goal-a-long)! Writing things down in front of other people (or, you know, all over the internet) is a great motivator for me! This is good, since I have more than 200 hexipuffs* that I would really like to do something with...I started that project in 2013! Yikes! As a matter of fact, that is the one that inspired me to join the GAL. Have I worked on it, beyond the thoughts in my head? Well, no...but then again, it IS summer!

Fall, just like Christmas, is coming right up...so there will be time to put things together. As the song (and the Bible) says, "To everything, there is a season...," and Summer is a season for doing and waiting and anticipating lots of great seasons to come! What are you doing with your Summer? Meeting any goals? Tell me about it...

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

*Hexipuffs are tiny, hexagonal pillows, knitted out of sock yarn and sewn together in a project, such as a Beekeeper's Quilt. I'm not sure how big my project will be yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment