Saturday, November 17, 2018

Almost Turkey-Time!

Turkey Day is coming. So is my grandson. I do not know when exactly, that is largely up to him. No matter when that baby comes, though, I am hoping to have turkey ready for his parents on Thursday...or Friday...or Saturday...I mean, whenever they are ready for a meal!

There is nothing quite like the impending arrival of a baby to remind you who is really in control of it all. The mama is not in control.  The dada is not in control. The grandparents and the dog are certainly not in control. This timing is all up to that little guy, and the Big Guy. I am so thankful that God is in control, because my sense of timing really is not that good. 

Thank you God, for the promise of new life as we enter the holiday season. Thank you for creating people so full of love that it spills over until we create more people to love. Thank you that the love in our hearts is created with the capacity to multiply through children and grandchildren, never diminishing or running out. Thank you for loving us so much that you gave your one and only son to forgive our shortcomings, when human love is not enough to right a wrong or fill a void. You are a good, good Father, and I am thankful to be loved by you. Help me to love well, and by your example.

Watch over the parents-to-be and the newest additions to families all around us, and especially right now for my daughter and her son. Watch over labors and deliveries and new little lives as you bless us with more love than we can even imagine. Grant them health and hope and home-fires burning bright, because sometimes life here is hard...but it is always better with love. Thank you for love. 

I do not know what is in store for your holiday season, but I am fairly certain that mine will be full of baby snuggles (and dog cuddles and catonlap), and I am looking forward to it. Please forgive me if I seem distracted as I anticipate all of that. I promise that I am trying not to be a turkey as I wait!

Happy Thanksgiving Week to you, blog peeps, and on to the Christmas fun! I am excited to see your dinner on Facebook and Instagram, followed quickly by lights and trees.

Until then, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!
Yes, the dog is wearing a sweater.
And yes, she is quite done being pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment