Saturday, March 17, 2018

Green Socks, Barbie Frocks...

Last week, while the cats were hacking into my blogger account, I was knitting green socks (which I finished in time for St. Patty's Day today! Yay!), and taking a lovely trip with Sweetie. 

We were on the way to Nashville, but we never made it...lol! Along the way, we found ourselves tempted by a cave in Kentucky, and bourbon. We saw the sights in Mammoth Cave, which is not a great place for cell-phone selphies, but we took them just the same. Fat Man's Misery, Tall Man's Agony, and 2 miles of limestone paths, narrated by Darren of National Park Rangers fame (lol!), was a pretty good time, even though there were a LOT of steps to climb at the end!

We also toured the Jim Beam distillery in Clermont, and there was a tasting. I generally am not a whisky drinker, but how do you turn down the chance to taste some pricey bourbon when it comes with the price of admission? As it turns out, I have expensive tastes...and if I were going to become a bourbon/whiskey drinker, I would need to start a savings plan! Still, it was a fun time, and I learned something new about something very old, which was super fun!

We also worshipped with a mega-church on Sunday, and Southeast Christian Church in Louisville is pretty amazing. Shout out to this church, with a mega auditorium, that still managed to make these two strangers feel at home. It was very cool, and I'd love to go back again someday, but 6 hours is a little too far to drive for weekly attendance...

Once we got back home, a day early, we decided to play the home version of The Tourist Game! We visited the Rock Hall downtown, and had a great time. I fan-girled all over the guitars, and some of the shows were spectacular. Again with the learning, I was all over it! As a bonus, the "muzak" there is the best I have ever heard in a museum setting, hands down...lol! Long Live Rock!

To top off a week that started strong with a little vacation time, my granddaughter texted me on her birthday, "Hi gramma can you please knit me more Barbie doll clothes love [Peanut]." This means that I now must stop blogging and get back to the Barbie skirts and t-shirts, in purple, pink, red and yellow, that she has requested. I love being a gramma and also a knitter! And I love those littles!!!

Today will be less about the green (although I am wearing green, right down to the socks I finished just yesterday) 

and more about the knitting! Perhaps Barbie would like something green, too? I dunno, it is not on the list, but we shall see what comes off the needles!

What are your plans for the day? Will you eat green eggs and ham? Will you enjoy a green beverage or set leprechaun traps? Whatever your plans are, thanks for stopping by for a moment to admire my green socks. Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment