Saturday, August 19, 2017

Sometimes Life is Like That

Sometimes life is like that.

Sometimes life is sunshine and rainbows, and all your knitting works out exactly as you have planned. You don't have to think too hard, and there is lots of time for doing what you love! You decide to knit fingerless gloves, and they come out better than you had imagined they would!

Sometimes life is sunshine and wind. There is nothing in particular standing in the way of your knitting or living, but it still feels like a slog. You cast on multiple times, or multiple projects, but you just cannot seem to find any forward progress.

Sometimes life is cloudy, with a chance of meatballs. A new discovery is not what you had hoped. A new knit stitch or technique, one that looked really cool on all the You Tube videos, just does not work out as planned. The ensuing mess is like meat sauce that will never wash out.

Sometimes life is stormy. Worse than a new thing not working out, sometimes even the tried and true threaten to take you down. Knit 2, purl 2, knit 2, purl 2, knit 3, purl 2, knit 2...wait, what?!? You lose time trying to find out where you went so wrong...

Sometimes life is good, and sometimes it is bad. There are ups, and there are downs, and knitting is much the same. Through it all, the vehicle is steady. Yarn is still yarn, and it is abundant. God is still God, and he is always there, seeking an abundant life for you and for me.

When the storms of life hit, I try to remember that these are the days that give me perspective. The good days are great, to be sure, but how would I know that without the muck and the mire occasionally? Not that I look forward to bad times, but I know that they will come.

When my children were small, and I would walk them to school, they would often complain about the cold days, the wet days, the days that were less than perfect. I usually had the same answer to those complaints, "These are the days that let you know you are alive!"

I have a tendency to feel very little on a perfect day, and I take those days for granted. Those are the days that I forget that I have a purpose, and I just want to loaf. But when the wind, rain and snow are pelting me right in the face, I cannot deny that I am very much alive...and I that canot change the weather. 

Even when life is hard, keep going. Because sometimes life is like that.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment