Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Not a Dancing Queen...

It is true. As much as I love the song, I am pretty far past the point in this life where I might consider myself a Dancing Queen...but lately, I have been a plying queen! I actually finished that 4oz. rainbow of BFL that started as this:

Last week, it looked like this:

Now, it is luscious, and it looks like this:

Yummy! Now, all that's left is to figure out what this 480 yds. of light fingering weight yarn wants to be...I'm definitely thinking shawl or shawlette (I don't think it is twisty enough to hold up as socks...)...maybe a pair of fingerless mitts or a hat. What do you think...should I go with something lacy? Or just show off all that color in another hitchhiker? Maybe a lacy hitchhiker, or a sort of symmetrical hitchhiker, a la my friend Corrie? Decisions, decisions...

For right now, I'm going to bask in the sunshine that handspun rainbow yarn creates in this knitter's life, and I'll decide what to cast on another day. :) Today, I'm going to keep on keepin' on with the regular stuff of life, possibly trying my hand at a supported spindle.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you are the queen (or king) of something in your life!

PS - for those interested, I did NOT sit down on Saturday...but I slept very well that night! lol!

2 comments:

  1. Dancing Queen is one of the songs we are doing for our Mother/daughter dance this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS yarn! Personally, I'm a fan of simple patterns with busy yarn, so I think any of the Hitchhiker variations would be great, along with some of her other designs.

    ReplyDelete