Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lots to tell...

Lots to tell, no time to tell it! Yikes! But here is the long and the short of it all (mostly the short, I hope!).

Over the Easter weekend, we went to visit Peanut! 
(Insert wild, grandparent-powered laughter and applause here.)

We had a great time, and even took two (count 'em, 2!) days off of work. There were giggles, snuggles, wiggles and puggles, and lots of time to just bask in the glory of two years old. I have lots of pictures to share (and maybe a video or two?), but I haven' had the time to go through and pick the best of the best, or do any editing. I hope to have that all done by Saturday's post, but if I were you, I might think twice about holding my breath, waiting for that...it is what it is. =/

In the meantime, here's a pair of socks I finished for Mork on Friday morning, just before we piled in the car for our trip:

And here's a pair for Mindy that were knit on the way to and from (we spent a total of 18 hours in the car between Friday and Monday...again I say, "Yikes!")

Yes, that second pair is just short socks (like Dollface's socks from last week), and those don't take 18 hours, but I did more than knit in the car. There were also crossword puzzles, and of course white-knuckled-worrying while stop-and-going through some construction zones.

I know, I know. None of that is as wonderful as Peanut, so here's a shot to hold you over until I can get to the editing and uploading of the more than 220 photos and videos that I shot over the course of our 65-hour grandparenting marathon:

Is there anything better? I think not! Knitting and Peanut for the better part of three days is such a good thing...I can only hope that your holiday weekend was half as good as mine!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope I'll see you on Saturday for the rest of the story!

Knit in Good Health, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment