Saturday, March 23, 2013

In the PINK!

When you think of pink, what do you think?

I think of cartoon panthers, and cotton candy and cutie-pie granddaughters. =D

Lately, I have had pink on the brain, and it has led to this:

Pink, crocheted scrubbies, for that darling Peanut...

My!, but these were fun to work up! I made the first one, and realized that it was almost too big for MY hand, so I downsized it to better fit into her hand. The variegated one is the smaller of the two, and there may be more coming...who knows? Sooo, sooo cute!

And beautiful, handspun yarn...wound onto the niddy noddy to be measured: 

I am just loving how the Navajo ply turned out...

...it is very fine! I came up with 27 WPI (wraps per inch) on my first measure! Since I could barely believe that it was that fine, I rechecked and came up with a mere 22 WPI on the second go-'round, which is still a fine lace-weight...jeepers! I think it will become a light, lace scarf...but I haven't chosen a pattern yet. For now, I am just enjoying the freshly washed and twisted skein of pink and white!

So, as you can see, I've been in the pink all week! I hope that the weekend will bear out more of the same, for both you and me. =D 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment: