Saturday, November 10, 2012

Last Weekend

After a week of rain, we decided to head for a sunnier state last weekend...sooo, we hopped in the car, and off we went! I packed a couple of knitting bags (one containing super-secret, Christmas knitting), and Mr. Pretty packed his puzzles...
I read the clues, and we solve the puzzle together.
No knitting, but this is fun too! :)
...and we headed south. South is where we always head. South is where my perspective changes from ho-hum to this:
PEANUT!!!
That's one of my favorite perspectives on life! The one where this future yarn enthusiast holds my hand, and walks along, learning to love life (and yarn) as much as she loves Gramma and Pop Pop. Here's proof that she loves yarn:
She loves the "BeeBee" (ball) of yarn! And she loves showing
Pop Pop what she can do with the yarn! (She's trying to
make her own ball of yarn. =D) It was ADORABLE!!! 

It was a short trip...we drove down on Friday, played Friday night and all day Saturday, then turned around and drove home on Sunday. It's a beautiful drive, and we fill the time by listening to podcasts, doing crosswords and (of course) I bring some car knitting.
I made some pretty good progress on THIS SWEATER,
in between crossword puzzles, that is!
There was snow in the mountains, leftovers from where Sandy met the cold weather coming into WV from the west...we heard that they got 2 feet of snow! This was just leftovers...
...and I marveled at the way the weather meets the mountains every time we make this trip. I can only imagine what the world looks like from high atop this one, as I always tunnel my way through...
Now that I am home, I am still working on the super-secret knitting (and considering whether there is more of that to cast on for Christmas...hmmmm), and I'm picking patterns for a new, winter sweater for me! I still have not started an Advent Calendar for my house, but I have not ruled it out either. What do you think? Should I just do it??? 

This weekend should be much less hectic, and it will certainly find me less travel-weary. Perhaps there will be a nap or two (one can always hope for a nap on the weekend!) or maybe a nice dinner out...I wonder what Snake and Dollface are doing tonight...her birthday always comes around at this time of year... Hmmm, I guess I'll give them a call! Will you excuse me please? 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you get a nap when you most need it this weekend, and I hope that you will Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment