Saturday, September 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home

If you've been reading the blog regularly, you know that Army Boy has left for a major deployment, Wifey-Poo and Peanut have moved back to our "home" state, and Dollface was recently married to Snake. (If you have not been a regular reader until today, now you are pretty much caught up! Yay!)

All of these recent changes to Pretty's family, and to the status of "home" for many of the family's members, have led me to some comfort knitting. Here's where I am on the Drift cardigan, past all the decreases and straight waist knitting, ready to increase for the bust:I know, I am really not that much further along than I was last week at this time, am I? Well, there just hasn't been time for much knitting with all those changes! Even at knit night this week, I did not knit as much as usual. Again, if you've been a fan of Pretty for long, you know that there are major shop updates planned in Etsy world! There have been many long nights with polymer clay and jewelry supplies, and I have gotten much accomplished. . .but not as much as I had hoped would be done by September third (we did not expect that deployment to happen until later this month, and I lost some serious time on a cross-country goodbye).

Still, to prove to myself that I AM making headway on the shop overhaul, today I dumped all of my new beads (now made into charms and stitch markers) out onto a table to marvel a bit at my creativity, and I thought you might also enjoy a peek at some of the items that will be gracing new row counters at Pretty Knitty Jewelry this fall. . .I know! You're just speechless at my total lack of humility, right? Maybe you're thinking I'm some kind of TURKEY?Well, I suppose that sometimes I am a turkey. But at least I am not angry. . .Angry isn't an emotion that I do very well. Oh, I do just about every emotion on most days, but I'm better at some than I am at others. Lately, I have mastered feeling nostalgic. . .reminiscing about when I was a little kid, and my biggest worry was a test that I didn't study enough for. . .remembering when my children were small, and my biggest worry was a test that they didn't study enough for. . .recalling the days when we were all together, at home together, on a regular basis. . .oh, the joys of home-sweet-home!Yet, even though we don't all live together now that my family has grown, we are still family, and the love continues to grow! Our granddaughter and our new son-in-law are proof positive that the love in this Pretty Knitty Family cannot be contained. . .and so it spills out in joy, whether we are together or apart. . .love and joy that must be shared.

Home Sweet Home is more than a place, it's a state of mind and heart. Wherever life takes you, you will always carry a piece of home with you, if you so choose, and I hope that you do. Keep your loved ones close at heart, and always remember that "
there's no place like home!"

Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment