Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here's the Story. . .

Here's the story
Of a bag with cables,
That was knitted for a very Skinny Girl

It was knit of wool, in cream,
And then I dyed it -
And took it for a whirl! After spinning in the washer, it got pinned out -
To block the cables flat as flat could be. . . Then I lined it with some very stripey fabric And added pockets here, you see:
Then I hung it on the door to take some pictures
And the Skinny Girl came 'round to take a look,
And we knew, at once, it might get lonely. . .
Can I make a cabled bag for her books?A Cabled Bag,
A Cabled Bag -
Can I make a Cabled Bag for her books. . .?
Well, says Pretty Knitty, this is the third bag I have knitted from this pattern. Don't get me wrong, I love the pattern, but I have grown a little weary of it for now. . .perhaps I have another bag you can take for your books? You like the everlasting bagstopper?. . .I like the everlasting bagstopper!. . .Oh, well! I can always make another one! lol
In other Knitting Knews this week, I have done another bracelet. . .this one in silver, with multicolor beads. I am going to add these to the shop at some point. . .still researching price, etc. What do you think? On the fashion side of things, I have also finished another pair of socks. (You are probably cheering now. . .it means you won't hear about these again in the next blog. . .I have been going on and on for some time about loving this Knitty pattern and the Destination Yarn!)
With all of that said, I now return you to the regularly scheduled baby knitting, hat knitting, scarf knitting, sweater knitting and holiday knitting that is appropriate for the end of summer! I hope you all are having a good one!
Knit in good health!

1 comment:

  1. OHH the socks and bag came out great!!! Really she wants another cabled bag...perhaps for Christmas!! LOL She wants to be sooo coordinated!!!

    ReplyDelete