Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's official! I love blogging!

“So, I thought about starting a blog.
And my friends encouraged me to start a blog.
So, I started this blog.
And I love that I started this blog.”

Actually, I had been thinking about starting a blog for a while. . .I guess I wondered if anyone would want to read what I have to write. And, I guess I wondered if I would have enough to write that the blog would last longer than a week. And, I guess I wondered if I truly liked to write enough, or had enough time, to keep up with a blog.

Well, after 7 posts and a little over 2 weeks, many of those questions have been answered. I have plenty to say, I am making the time (a couple times a week anyway), I am getting comments, so people are reading. . .yes, I would call this “blog success,” at least short-term blog success anyway. We will see if it has the lasting power of some of the bloggers I read regularly.

I was also thinking that I should do something special to commemorate my success, but what? Dance around in my underwear to classic 80's rock when no one else is home? No, I don’t think that’s it. Bake a cake, and eat said cake? Well, seeing as how I have been trying to eat healthier lately, I don’t think that’s it either. Hmmmm, what do bloggers do to celebrate occasions?

Insert Pregnant Pause Here

I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you. . .what was that again? A contest? Really? Hmmmm, I hadn’t considered that. . .perhaps I should. . .but, if I do a contest, it should be official, don’t you think? Not just off the cuff, but I should have some kind of pretty cool prize, don’t you think?

Another Pause

Oh! You’re right! I could give away something from my shop! Wow, you guys are so smart. . . And, since you are so smart, why don’t you help me plan the contest? Take a look over in my etsy shop, PrettyKnittyJewelry.etsy.com, then come back and tell me which of my items would make the best giveaway. . .just leave me a comment here to help me decide what kind of counter to make a part of the free prize package!

While you are commenting, I am going to work on rounding up a couple more things to add to the prize package, and then we can meet back here to set up all the details in the next post or two. Oh! I could run the contest for a couple weeks, and we could call it my one-month “Blogiversary”! Wait. . .is that a word? Hmmm, I guess it is now!

Hey, this has been fun! I love that I started this blog! And I love my friends, who have cheered me on from day. . .errrrr. . .post 1! You guys are the best cheerleaders evah!!


3 comments:

  1. I don't know how giving you're feeling, but what if you offered a set with a row counter and matching stitch markers? I think that would be cool, personally.

    Your little cheerleader charms are too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH Alison what a very cool idea....

    Or a row counter with a skein of sock yarn to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are sweet! I think you need to quit your day job and do this clay stuff full time!

    Can't wait to see these in your shop!

    You are VERY Talented!

    ReplyDelete