Saturday, June 23, 2018

Pre-Vacation Jitters

I am going on vacation. Disney World. With my grandkids. This is going to be fun, right?!? It is going to be fun!

However, I am not to the fun part yet. I am a nervous Nellie with travel and fun, so today is reserved for packing and panicking. Not to air all my dirty, emotional laundry...because all of my laundry is clean today, I promise...

...but I am a mess. Am I the only one who freaks out while planning a stay at the happiest place on earth? I mean, here is where I am:

Pack 4-5 pair of underwear and 4-5 pair of socks. Check. How long will it take us to get to the restaurant where we have our first dinner reservation? 

Three of my capri pants, 1 pair of shorts and 4 tops. Can I bring my knitting needles on the plane?

Do not forget the sunscreen, and pack a small container in the carry-on. How much can I really fit into the carry on?

Already pre-registered for the resort hotel on the app. Did I remember to get more Tylenol for the trip?

Yarn wound for a pair of socks, to keep me busy during the layovers. What if the yarn wants to be something else?

I already think it might want to be hat...should I bring it and knit a hat? Or should I find some sock yarn? Should I bring both?

I have q-tips, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant...all my toiletries and essentials. Should I leave a list of important info for my daughter in case the plane crashes?

Jammies. I need decent jammies for the hotel...in case the hotel catches fire during the night, and I am left with nothing else.

Chargers. I have to remember the chargers. And the battery back-up pack. What if the internet crashes around the world while I am on vacation? 

Swimsuit. Check. It is in the bag already. What if my swimsuit rips and I have to go swimsuit shopping? ugh!

I want everyone to have fun. What if any of us does not have fun? 

We are checked into the flights, boarding passes saved to my phone. Is our suitcase going to come in under 50lbs?

I am hungry. I need to eat well today, and not worry about that on vacation. Wait. What does our meal plan cover again?

What if TSA takes away my favorite knitting needles?
What if we miss a connecting flight?
What if the airline loses my luggage?
What if all (or any) of my pre-vacation nightmares from the past couple of weeks actually come true?

Hopefully I will be better by the time the landing gear touches down in Orlando tomorrow, but I will likely not fully recover until I hug a granddaughter or two! 

By the way, I am looking forward to my vacation. But I am stressed. Please pray for me, friends. Not just for safety and travel mercies, but that I can pry my fingers from the control panel of this vacation and simply have fun. It is a goal of mine to have more fun, and to worry less,* even when I am not on vacation!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health. I hear it eases anxiety. ;o)

*Luke 12:22-26
“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about taking knitting needles on the plane. A crochet hook is ok, but I've heard horror stories about losing expensive needles. I'd pack them to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete