Saturday, June 30, 2018

Picture Perfect?

As you may know, we returned from a big, Disney Vacation on Thursday! Having just been to Disney World for our anniversary in 2017, we felt less confused and had more fun this time, especially with our son and his family along for the ride! Now that we are recovered from the travel, the heat of Florida in summer and the average of 14,500 steps each day, I feel like this is the perfect time to show some pictures! 
Animal Kingdom - checking out the Tree of Life
Please take note: that was your warning. I am going to show vacation photos. You were not there, and you may not care, but you are not trapped at a 1960s dinner party...if you don't want to stay, I promise that I will not be offended, and I hope that you will have a lovely afternoon!
After the Finding Nemo ride in Epcot, at Bruce's House!
Still here? Great! Because I took about 200 photos on this trip! I promise they are not all in this blog post, but I did get some pretty good shots! 
Drumming in Harambe at Animal Kingdom,
our first park together!
I also got some of the bored, waiting-in-line photos...
Waiting in line to see Minnie, Mickey and Goofy!
Just got on the ride, where-will-it-take-us? photos...
Toy Story Mania - we rode 3 times at Hollywood Studios!
Fuzzy, moving-ride photos...
Mad Tea Party at Magic Kingdom! She rode twice!
And, of course, badly-lit-and-staged selphies with 3D glasses!

As for the rest, I am so glad that Disney is on their photo game! Disney tip: If you are going to Disney World with kids, get the Memory Maker for unlimited downloads of every character meeting...

ride...

and chance happening along the way! 

The photographers are great at what they do, and yes...you DO need the photo on Main Street with the castle (and Tinkerbelle!!!)!

But remember that even professional Disney photographers run into bad lighting, or a grumpy, really-needs-a-nap 3-year-old from time to time!

Of course, they also set you up for picture perfect Princess photos!

Parents and grandparents, I found that I was most thankful for the professional Princess photos, so that I was paying attention when Anna asked, "Are you two sisters, too?,"
Anna and Elsa in Norway at Epcot!
and the 3-year-old answered, "Yes, and Lolly never lets me look at the iPad!," with a bit of a boo-boo-lip.

I think Anna, a little sister herself, understood the frustration,

and Elsa seemed to connect with big sister, probably for the same reasons!

I did take some photos of my own with characters and princesses as well, they were necessary at some of the character meals...and they were less than perfect...
Seasonal Character Meal at Hollywood and Dine, Hollywood Studios.
But the looks on the girls' faces as those princesses became people right in front of them? Priceless!
Princess Lunch in Norway (Akershus Royal Banquet Hall) at Epcot Center.
All in all, it was a great vacation, and I would do it again, even with sometimes grumpy granddaughters and other relatives! (Did I mention how HOT and humid it was??? And it rained 3 of the 4 days we were there...)
On the third day, it rained HARD!
Today, my feet and I are glad to be home. I missed the girls almost immediately when we left, and I always wish they lived closer...but I am so thankful for the memories we made and for technology that lets me document those memories. We video chatted with them again just last night, and I think they are glad to be home, too. Though I will miss these views...
Waiting in line for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Magic Kingdom.
Now that you have seen the photos, I have to go back and choose which ones will become 8x10 on the wall and 5x7 on my desk at work! There is also some post-vacation laundry to finish, and the cats are in serious need of extra cuddles, but I am glad to have had this time to catch up with you! I hope your summer is full of knitting and vacationing, and doing the things you love!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment