Saturday, July 8, 2017

Still Touring!

This morning, I was spinning, and spinning, and spinning outside. It is a lovely day, and I hope to be through my third ounce of fiber by day's end and on to the fourth! It's totally possible, I tell you.

The cats are not happy about this Tour de Fleece. There is little lap time when I am spinning. This morning, a cat tried to get on my lap while I was...ummm...in the bathroom! They are feeling very neglected, and cordially invite you (and me) to sit down and make a lap already!!!

And I will. There is knitting to be done, as I am working on a complicated, lace shawl as well...

This is the shawl that was started and ripped out three times, so far. Then, when I thought I was on a roll, I had to turn around and rip out 10 rows to fix a complex mistake with my yarn overs and decreases. This is probably the most difficult knit I've done, and it's just a rectangle!

As with all  things, and as my mother used to be fond of saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Sooo, I am still working on it. What else can I do? I'm using stash yarn, so I really want it to work out. I know that it will, but the end is nowhere in sight for this project. I am hardly past the beginning, even.

My life is like that, too. It just seems like there is no end in sight when troubles come my way. But I hold fast to the promise that if I keep my eyes on the prize, I will get there. Also, let's be honest...this is not a race I want to win by getting there first. The closer I get to the end, the more I realize that there is still so much I want to do! Watch the grandkids grow. See my daughter happily married. Encourage friends. Make yarn and knit!

What are you looking forward to? 

What is holding you back? 

Live this life with as much gusto as you can! Limit the negative people, and their influence in your life, as much as you can. Do your best to love who you are...that is the key to loving others for who they are, and freeing yourself from your own negativity, too! Above all, know that you are loved!

Thanks for stopping by, friends, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment