Saturday, February 18, 2017

Enough

I was so worried about running out of the blue yarn on this sweater, but I had enough to make it through the hem, with a little help from my friends!

I ended up combining ideas, and I "stretched" that blue with some of the grey, but I was careful to end with 12 rounds of blue on the very bottom. It looks great, and the fit is PERFECT!!! I am now working on the sleeves, and I hope to be able to wear this one in the next couple weeks...yippee!

In non-knitting-knews, my brother-in-law had his hearing this week. He changed his plea from not guilty to guilty of two counts of aggravated murder with gun specifications. His sentencing won't happen until April, but he will have a minimum of 26 years in jail and a maximum of life without parole.

Also, someone turfed the lawn at the house where the crime happened. Coincidence? Probably, it's a rural-ish area, and kids are kids wherever you go. Still, it adds one more level of "what's going on?" to an already stressful time, to be sure.

I'd like to say that I've had enough already. I'd like to say that I don't want to see my family's name(s) in the news, or in court, anymore. I'd like to say that I just cannot take any more of it. Of course, that is not my decision to make. God will let me know when I have had enough. Even though I feel run down and weak, He reminds me that His strength is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9), and I remember that He is good, all the time. 

To relieve some of the stress of the winter blahs and family issues that are well beyond my control, I believe that I will knit. I will knit like the wind! I will finish my sleeves and block my sweater so that I can be super cute in it, with some really soft leggings. That sounds like a good plan to me! Since the weather will be super nice today, I will likely go for a walk as well. A little fresh air and exercise can work wonders on stress and help to lower my shoulders a bit. :)

I hope that you also have a chance to get in a little knitting and a bit of exercise today. It is always good to see you, and to share a little of this life with you!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment