Saturday, January 28, 2017

Yikes! Stripes!

Stripes! Stripes! And more STRIPES!

We used to have a cat named Stripe. Her belly was white, her back was covered with grey and black stripes, and there was a single, white stripe that ran perpendicular to all the rest. She is the only cat we didn't have trouble naming. From the day we brought her home, with that white stripe on her back, she was our little stripey-kitty, and we loved her!

To this day, I still love stripes, as you can clearly see when you look at my Zig-to-the-Zag Striped Tunic on Ravelry:

When it is finished, it will hang nearly to my knees, and there will be a total of 5 colors knit into the prettiest stripes you ever did see (save for the cat), with a zig here and a zag there on the front. I am really enjoying this knit, and lately I have spent every spare moment with my needles a-clickin' and yarn running rampantly through my fingers! This knit is nearly as satisfying as petting a purr-machine while sitting under layers of knit fabric, felines and fleece blankets...sigh!

Black Cat: Really???

Oh, ok. I guess petting the cat is a little more satisfying.

(Don't tell the cats, but I really like the knitting better...it never poops! snicker!)

White Cat: I heard that.

What can I say? Whether it's self-striping socks, sweaters striped in similar skeins, or even solids...the knitting satisfies my crafty soul! I do love my cats, striped or not, but I loveLoveLOVE the knitting!

What do you loveLoveLOVE? Leave me a comment and let me know!

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment