Saturday, January 7, 2017

What a Day!

Today I realized something. This is a knitting blog. There should be knitting here. lol!

So, here you go - Remember the Hexipuffs?

Well, it's an afghan project I started along about 2013, and it is still not finished...but that's how I planned it. Each puff takes about 35-45 minutes to knit, stuff and sew shut. I estimate that I will need 400 hexipuffs to make the Beekeeper's Quilt, so I knew the project would be a multi-year adventure. My project page says that it has been 32 months since I updated it. lol!

As 2016 drew to a close, with me at another new office job, I got to thinking about the hexis again, and I picked them up as my lunchtime knitting. I can get just a bit more than 1 puff completed in my hour, taking bites of peanut-butter-and-jelly and baby carrots here and there. Huzzah! When I came to this realization, I checked the blog to see how many puffs I was up to, it said 186/400. Only 214 to go! Yesterday, before work, I counted up the ones that I have finished in the past week, and added them in...almost halfway!

Then, I got a "bee in my bonnet" that buzzed me into counting up all the finished puffs in storage, just to be sure that I was nearly to that halfway point like I thought I was. You know what? I was off...I HAVE 206 HEXIPUFFS!!! I have accidentally passed the halfway point, and I couldn't be gladder!!!

So, 2017 has started off strong, and I am happy about that. The new job is going well (and I'm not just saying that to convince myself this time). I'm writin' apps and takin' names for insurance coverage, and I am learning a LOT! Thank you to Cindy, Trina and Dick for believing in me and for passing on your knowledge and wisdom in the office. It's been great so far, and I look forward to all the future holds for me as I continue to learn!

How has your 2017 started? I hope it has been amazing, and I look forward to hearing all about it! Leave me a comment, if you have a minute!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being over halfway there! Is that light at the end of the tunnel? When you get there, can you shine some back at me and my scrappy blanket LOL?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see the hexipuffs making a return appearance. Although it's not like your needles have been idle, heaven knows! Keep buzzing along with the puffs!

    ReplyDelete