Saturday, December 10, 2016

Party On, Garth!

Last week, I mentioned briefly the party of the year. A party worthy of any party award...a party of parties, and the best annual party I have ever been a party to! This year was no different. There was hot chocolate, spiked just slightly, and food for days!

If this party were a girl, she would make Wayne and Garth yell, "Shwing!," every. single. year. Probably several times. Every year, we exchange gifts, and each one seems to be more amazing that the last! Look at some of these:

Did she make that? She did? Shwing!

Are these for real? Way! No Way! Wayyy! No Wayyy!

Did she really just draw and paint that while we were sitting here? Party on!, Excellent!, and Shwing!

But even the gifts aren't the best part of this party. The best part is being with people who "get" you. It's sitting on the sofa, or behind the sofa, 

knitting and laughing and eating with some of the dearest people I have the pleasure of knowing!

It's wearing hand-knit socks into a group that "gets" hand-knit socks,

and it's finding that some of you even have the same socks!

(Or you soon will!)

This year, it was learning how to use a selfie stick, 

and getting all of us in a group shot, laughing a bit too hysterically because someone shouted, "Acrylic!"

(For those of you who don't knit yet, there is a joke in that. Let me teach you about the yarns, and in a few years you will be laughing with us! I promise.)

Thanks for another memory-maker of a party, ladies! I love all of you more than I can express, and I missed those of you who couldn't make it this year. But, there's always next year!!! (And, of course, we meet every Thursday, so I hope to see you long before next Christmas!)

Today there is more Christmas at my house, and I will party on with gingerbread and tree decorating. My favorite littles are coming for a visit, and Gramma's house will need to be just so for Christmas, in a 2-year-old-safety kinda way! (Wish me luck on that!) I'm sure that it will be another fun day, though not quite as much fun as last Saturday, lol! Whatever you're up to today, I hope that you will find contentment and joy in it.

Thanks for stopping by, and knit in good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment