Saturday, July 2, 2016

The One With the Knitting

This, my friends, is a knitting blog. It is also a life and family blog, but the name is Pretty Knitty Jewelry, so some of the gems you find here should involve knitting, no? Yes. They should, and today they will. Here's a bit of knitting to catch you up on what's been on my needles lately...

You really have not heard much about my knitting since the dinosaurs, so I'm going to dive right in with a group of little projects, including two baby blankets, knit plainly in super bulky yarn...

...because I have friends expecting twin girls by the end of summer, and they love the super-trendy, super huge knitted blanket! The stitches on these will likely dwarf the babies, so I also added in some sweaters with teeny-tiny stitches in self-striping and solid DK-weight yarns:

Look at the contrast in the size of the stitches! I love it, but I couldn't stop there, oh no! Not Pretty! So I also made snuggle-y toys, little hats and tiny shoes to match the sweaters! (Of course I did...)

And then, as I was packaging it all up, I decided they needed booties, too. All babies need hand-knit booties, right? Right. So much so that I actually got a bit carried away and ended up with three pair of booties

No worries there, because I recently made a new friend, ripe with daughter-child, so the purple ones went to her tiny girl. See? In knitting, it all works out in the end! Well, most of the time, if you do a swatch, which I did not for my lovely cotton sweater...

...which is finished, washed, blocked, and too ridiculously huge to even take a picture of the finished object! Still, you can see from that photo that the fabric and color are lovely, so I will likely unseam, frog and re-knit this...someday. lol! Perhaps "someday" I will accept the necessity of the swatch...sigh!

Yeah, I don't think it very likely that I will start swatching either. It is what it is, I suppose, and it ain't all bad. As a matter of fact, on the family and life fronts, it is pretty good these days. :) I am still working through some things, but overall I am well, I am knitting, and I am here. I am also looking forward to the rest of this lovely holiday weekend! Yay!

Tune in next time to hear about a recent visit from Peanut and Sweet Pea that flew in a bit under the radar! Until then, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment