Saturday, May 14, 2016

Twisting the Cat...

"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. 
So we sat in the house all that cold, cold wet day."

Yes, you've heard that story before. Well, I think you have. I know that I am a big fan of Dr. Seuss, and The Cat in the Hat is one of my favorites. But my story is likely to digress, at least a little, from the mischief of a cat in a striped hat. It starts off with rain, to be sure...and it is chilly out there, but...

I sat here with Sweetie, we sat here, we two, 
and I said, "Oh! I know just what to do!"
So I brought out some yarn, needles and hooks, 
which garnered from Sweetie a sly little look...

Then I set straight to work, there's just one sleeve left here,

I knitted and knitted, and what's that over there?

A blanket unfinished? No more yarn? That won't do!
"Sweetie, let's go shopping," I started to coo.

We drove out to Michael's, I had 20% off
Then Jo-Ann's, with my birthday gift card, 
For more yarn, oh, so soft!

Then back to the house to knit in the rain,
Well, to knit in the house, with a mouse, on a train!
Well, that last bit is fiction, you've figured it out...
But I did knit my bit, for it was too wet to be out!

And now that the day is half done, what's your bet
That I'll continue to knit through the night? Don't you fret...
You know I'll be knitting, as long as there's light
Then I'll put up my needles and whisper, "Good night!"

But tomorrow I'll pick it all up again, 
Maybe we'll get a little break from the rain...
Even if we don't there's knitting to be done,
Sun, rain or snow, I'll have knitting fun!

Well, friends, there you have it. I've twisted The Cat in the Hat to suit my purposes. I hope you enjoyed it. If not, at least it didn't take long...

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Both the knitting and the poetry. I don't know about the Cat in the Hat, but the Cat in the Blanket looks quite comfy.

    ReplyDelete