Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Italian Yarn

"The Italian cousins, they get me," I wrote when I received these goodies in the mail in November 2014, and they do!

I had made some hats for Halloween that year, themed for a certain Disney movie, and shipped to Italia. One for each cousin, and one for the dog (as you do)...

...and they thanked me with Italian yarn and pottery. They get me, they totally get me! I have had the multi-colored yarn pretty prominently displayed for some time, and I finally decided to grab it this past weekend, along with a pair of 8mm needles, and this is how it turned out:

So warm, and very soft! It's an acrylic/wool blend, so I worried that it might be a bit itchy, 

but it is not itchy at all...and it is so very, very cozy! I've been wearing it to work all week, and my neck has never been warmer!

So glad that I finally got to this yarn, and even though it is nearly Spring, I do live in northeast Ohio, so I am sure to get more use from this cowl before it really heats up around here. Thank you again, cousins!

Have you knit anything quick and cozy this year?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment