Saturday, March 26, 2016

I'm Ba-ack!

Well, I am back from my little hiatus and blog break, and here's how I spent my 3 weeks between jobs: First, I tackled a list of "have to" things, as the responsible adult does at the beginning of vacation time...kindof like eating your broccoli before your brownie in the world of adulting. I am growing weary of adulting these days. ;o) 

Next, I contracted the flu, just before leaving on an actual vacation, where I managed to infect my sweet hubby and the dear friends who invited us to go to Florida for the week, and provided for our every happiness. It was good to visit sunny Florida and to miss some late winter/early spring snow, but it was a little bit "bumpy" as vacations go, while we all took turns with the cough, fever, and general body aches the flu brings. Still, we were able to visit a couple of lovely places, including the Corkscrew Swamp, 

where we saw a water moccasin and some other local wildlife...



A short trip or two to the beach...


And the pier at Naples.

Overall, it was a good time. We had great weather and fun friends, but I fear that I am not very good at going on vacation. At least, I'm not a good vacationer when I have the flu! When we got home, I went to the doctor, to check out the lingering cough, where I received a diagnosis of acute bronchitis and three prescriptions. Thursday and Friday were spent taking it easy, running some errands and a working on a couple of frivolous projects...nothing too taxing, and I start my new job on Monday. Of course there was knitting, a pair of socks for one of our hosts

...and a second pair for his wife, so the vacation was complete and full of the things I love.

Now, with just hours left before I venture into a new job, all that is left is the Easter ham, church and family time this weekend. :) I'm not sure what your faith traditions are, but I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and I have accepted him as my Lord and Savior. This means that I mourned his death on the cross yesterday, BUT tomorrow (and for the rest of my life) I will continue to celebrate that He is risen! My sins died with Him on that cross, and today I am free of guilt and condemnation, washed in the blood of the Lamb, and worthy to be called a daughter of God. 

I have said it before, but I'll say it again...if you don't have a regular church, I'd love to invite you to mine. Email me at PrettyKnittyJewelry [at] yahoo [dot] com for the address and directions, services are at 8am, 9:30am and 11am, and I'd love to have you join me to celebrate the Risen Lord, Jesus Christ. 

Happy Easter, Peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment