Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Super Power

If you could have one super power, what would it be? You've heard that question, right? I know that I have, and you know what? I have a super power! I'm not sure why this is my super power, but there is no denying that this is the one I've got...my super power is putting kids to sleep! Just feast your eyes on Exhibit 2...

(Exhibit 1 is in my last blog post...)

I am thankful for my super power at the end of a long day, when the visiting grandchildren are over tired, over sugared (they are at Gramma's house, after all) and over stimulated. I am also thankful that I can summon the power in the middle of the day from time to time. The naps don't usually last long, so I'm opting for tiny projects this week. Here's one now!

Little socks for a little, big-sister-to-be! No, no, no, no, no! Mindy isn't pregnant again! But another friend of mine, a mommy with a one-year-old of her own, is anxiously awaiting the arrival of a little sister this month! And since there are already Daddy socks, Mommy socks, and Baby booties in this yarn (knit last year, while Mommy and Daddy were expecting that big-sister-to-be), there simply must also be Big Sister socks! This time with PINK heels and toes!

Now I'm off to work, and just dreaming of the knitting I may get to do this evening...or I may not. There's no telling where they will be or who will be awake when I get home, and if there's a choice between yarn and cuddle-y granddaughters, the girls will win every time! :^) It's true, what they say...they are only small for a season, and I plan to soak up every minute of it that I can!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. What a great super-power! I've been known to utilize the same one. I can remember each of the nieces and nephews falling asleep on me in church on a regular basis when they were babies. Miss those days.

    ReplyDelete