Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September Sweater Swearing

I am still knitting the DROPS sweater. You know, the one I didn't swatch for...and guess what? Yep. Huge...which is better than tiny, but still...I should start swatching if I ever hope to stop swearing at my knitting.*

Of course, it is a tunic, so over-sized isn't that big a deal, and I think I am going to continue with the sleeves. 

Adding sleeves will make it smaller and better-fitting...right???

Are you laughing at me???

Well, I am adding the sleeves. I am a defiant knitter, and I really dislike swatching. Besides, I need the practice on the sleeves...I'm going to knit them set-in and top-down, seamless. Should be easy, right???

Are you laughing at me again???

Even if you are, that is kindof what I expected, and I'm glad that I made you smile! Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

*Just for the record...all of the swearing has stayed inside my head...so far. This is such an opportunity for me to practice self-control! "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."  -Ephesians 4:29

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you have a little give at the top of the sleeves. I once knit a sweater where I picked up the stitches at the top and knit my way down for the sleeves and didn't have that ease and it was a mistake. (Handspun yarn, too.) Maybe I should note that I wasn't using any pattern, I was just winging it.

    ReplyDelete