Saturday, September 12, 2015

It is September. I knit Sweater.

It's a lightweight, cotton tunic I wanted to have for the summer, but meh. I'm knitting it now. See?

Yeah, not much to look at yet, and the yarn is hard on my hands (textured cotton, on sale from Pollywogs, circa 2012?), and this is an EVIL DROPS* pattern...but hey! I'm stash-busting!

And I think I'm going to like it. I really, really do. So. It is September. I knit Sweater. That is all.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

*For my non-knitting friends, and friends who are not familiar with DROPS, these patterns are translated into English from I-don't-even-know-what-language...in fact, patterns are provided in 15 languages! Which is great! Unless something gets lost in translation, which it often does, especially in the case of AT-THE-SAME-TIME instructions (which may or may not be explained that way). The patterns and the resulting knits are almost always amazing, but this is not "mindless" knitting. DROPS knitting is "read the pattern all the way through several times, and take note of every detail, before you even choose a color" knitting. Still, I love the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment