Saturday, April 25, 2015

Two Twins and a Double

I know, I know...I am a bit of a broken record, but I did build 2 twins and a double over the course of about 4 days. As far as I'm concerned, that's an accomplishment! (even if it's only plastic canvas...) After all, when your dolls' only bed looks like the one on the left, you've gotta do something!

This project was actually a LOT of fun! I didn't find any free patterns, so I researched standard sizes for twin and double beds and downsized to 1/12 scale. Then I set myself free to experiment with stitches,

and I even made a "fancy-schmancy" headboard for the master bedroom!

Getting them into the house was a bit of a chore...that is one narrow staircase! 

But even though they don't have proper linens yet, now that the beds have been delivered and set up, the dolls find them quite comfortable!

I call this a twin - twin - double-win!!!

What are your wins this week? I hope they've come in multiples for you, and I hope that you'll share your triumphs by leaving a comment! (Blog comments are kindof a "win" in my world, so I hope there will be many!)

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment