Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sunshine and Pumpkins...kinda

On Wednesday afternoon, I went out to lunch. I don't always go out to lunch. Most days, I just brown-bag it, and I eat at my desk. Sometimes (most days?) I knit a little, too. But on Wednesday afternoon, I just had a hankering to get out of the office for a bit, so I took an official "Lunch." Just so we're clear, by "lunch" I definitely mean that I left the office to buy yarn. It is what it is. 

While I was out to "lunch," I started to perspire. Actually, perspire would be putting it mildly. When I came out of the place-to-buy-yarn, sweat was nearly dripping off me! Now, I am a woman in the middle of life, so random hot is not really that uncommon, but on this Wednesday, I think I said out loud (to no one in particular, because I was alone in my car), "Man! It is hot! Why is is so stinkin' hot?!?" Then I remembered...Ohhhh! It's summer. Well, duh. 

At this, I took a moment to relish the fact that it is not WINTER (yet)...and that fall is coming! If I were going by the thermometer, I wouldn't see autumn so clearly on the horizon. But a quick look in my yarn bags, and at the things on my needles...

assures me that fall is indeed on it's way! :) I'm glad, because I am really digging these little pumpkin hats! I'm up to 3 now (and 2 have already been gifted)

As a summer bonus (because there are a few weeks of heat left, to be sure!), I'm also still working on this bright and colorful Brickless shawl, and it is my summer beauty this year!

One other bright spot in my little heat wave this week has been the discovery of this pic:

I had forgotten about that episode...and this pic is another little drop of sunshine for this knitter...sunshine in yellow Red Heart on aluminium needles, as Mork and Mindy await the blessed arrival of Jonathon Winters. Classic TV of my youth!

Thanks for stopping by, and for bringing sunshine into my life, friends. Here's what I wish for you, although I am stealing the words...

-- May the road rise up to meet you.
-- May the wind always be at your back.
-- May the sun shine warm upon your face,
-- and rains fall soft upon your fields.
-- And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Oh, and may you Knit in Good Health always!

No comments:

Post a Comment