Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Life on the Fringe

I was recently gifted a bag of yarn. Not just any yarn, but good quality, cotton yarn, from a yarn shop...it's nice stuff, I tell ya! So, what did I do? Well, I knit a scarf/shawl for the yarn giver, of course!

I've always wanted to try one of these self-fringing shawls, and I can tell you now that it was a lot of fun! The yarn (Cascade Quatro Pima, a discontinued DK-weight yarn in a blue-green colorway) knit up quickly on size 13 needles, and before I knew it, I was done! Fast and fabulous, I may have to make one for myself now! Right after I finish these socks...

Wait, when those socks are finished, I'll only have 4  pair...which means I'll still need 3 more pair! So maybe after those socks are finished, I'll cast on another pair of Jingle socks... Or maybe I'll work on a Wallaby... Or maybe I'll start something entirely new...! Who knows, really? When you live on the fringe of knitting, anything can happen (and sometimes it does!)

Whether you are living on the fringe (like me) or not, thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! Now, pick a project, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shawl and fun socks! Those somehow seem like Tigger socks to me: they're bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy full of fun fun fun. And the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is, there's not just only one. (With apologies to Walt Disney.)

    ReplyDelete