Saturday, December 28, 2013

Not a Secret Any More!

Well, here it is, December 28th, and I can finally reveal all the secret holiday knitting! I think I look forward to this post more than any other during the blog year, because I generally spend most of November and December just dying to tell you all what I'm knitting...but not wanting to let the cat out of the bag! Well, the cat's out of the bag now...in fact, she's sleeping on my lap as I knit hexipuffs!

So here is the Christmas Knitting revealed!

Only 8 of those photos are gifties...that last one, the one in the middle, is some tiny sweaters I got distracted by after the Christmas knitting was done. :) Made from leftover sock yarns, how could I resist? Oh, that's right, I couldn't...lol! Anyway, the rest are as follows:
  1. Transitioning to Winter socks - knit for Mindy, my daughter-in-law (who tells me that my granddaughter has taken them hostage, because "everything Gramma knits must be for Peanut!" lol!).
  2. Hat for Peanut, knit to match the mitts in #5...because everything Gramma knits must be for Peanut.  Right? lol!
  3. "Ugly Christmas Sweater" for my son, in miniature...based on a conversation we had last Christmas. He loves it.
  4. Hat and mittens for Peanut because, well...see #2.
  5. Convertible mittens for Peanut, because (as it turns out) she likes gloves better than mittens, and her mother and I know that mittens are warmer than gloves, and see #2. 
  6. Cowl for Dollface...I wish I had gotten a photo of the way that she just put that thing on as soon as we were done opening gifts, and then wore it the rest of the day...but I was too distracted at her insistence that my house is too cold, so I turned up the thermostat a little instead of taking a picture. =/
  7. Afghan for Mork and Mindy, because they live too far away to hug every day. Unfortunately, it seems that Mindy and Peanut fight over this one (success!) while Mork sits shivering in the corner (sad face). In case you are keeping score of the battles, I think Mindy is winning this one...Peanut has two afghans I've made just for her already! =P And finally...
  8. Socks for Snake, my son-in-law, who opened them and put them on right away, over the store-boughts he was wearing...and I did take a quick shot of that!


So, as you can see, our Christmas was a success! As I said, we missed having Mork, Mindy and Peanut in town, but we got to spend time with both Sweetie's family and mine, as well as Snake and Dollface, and we had a couple of very nice days. I hope that you did too! Now, I'm off to knit some more hexipuffs...they have kinda been on hold since sometime in September, but I am back at it...at least until the knitalong starts!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health as you prepare to welcome 2014...oh, my! Where has this year gone?!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment