Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2013 Secret Knitting - Part 1

Do you know about the secret knitting? Secret knitting is sometimes gift knitting, so you can't tell or share all the details.

Secret knitting is sometimes test knitting, so you can't tell or share all the details...but, can you find the spider hiding? It's a row counter I made a couple years ago...lol! And Happy Halloween-y to everybody!

And sometimes secret knitting is just knitting that you're not quite ready to share.

Hmmm, I could share that last one, tho...those black socks. Well, the photo is of one black sock, on my dear husband's foot, and I suppose it's not so secret.

Pretty: Sweetie, would you try this on? I want to take a picture, but it's too big for me.
Sweetie: Ok.
Pretty: Ummm, did you put it on over your other sock?
Sweetie: Yes. It's a little snug this way.
Pretty: Ummm, would you please try it without the other sock?
Sweetie: Ok.
Pretty: Thank you. (smiles, takes photo)
Sweetie: Wait, are these for me?
Pretty: Yes.
Sweetie: Hm. Ok. 

"Hm. Ok." I wonder what that means. Here are the options, as I see them:
  1. Hm. For me? Wow, I didn't think they were for me. Ok.
  2. Hm. For me? Why is she knitting me socks? Ok. 
  3. Hm. For me? Well, they fit pretty good, so I guess it only makes sense. Ok.
  4. All of the above.
I suppose it doesn't really matter what was packed into those two small words. I love him. I knit for the people I love. I am knitting him black socks because, if he is going to try hand-knit socks, they will have to be simple and practical. Black, ribbed socks are both, and these hand-knit socks have love in every stitch. I hope he likes them. I hope everyone likes their secret knitting when they receive it. :)

Are you doing any secret knitting this year? If you were, could you even tell me? :) Whether it's secret or not, I hope you are knitting in good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment