Saturday, August 3, 2013

Crazy Jane and the Fiber

My friend Jane has a quilting habit. (She also has a yarn habit, and a cat habit, but these are topics for another day.) I love her brand of crazy! Sometimes Jane goes out of town for work or fun, and I look after her cats. They love me, mostly because I know where the canned cat food is kept!

Jane loves me because I know where she keeps her yarn (even the good stuff), and I do not help myself...even though I have a key, and I could. Because she loves me, and because her cats love me, sometimes there is a token of appreciation for Pretty. :)

Inside that Crazy Jane bag (which is stitched of my very favorite teals and greens) was some crazy cool fiber, that I am finally finished spinning up! THANK YOU, JANE!!!

Before it was a lovely three-ply (Navajo-ply), it looked like this, and I love it!  

It's only an ounce, but it's spun pretty fine, so I should have a good bit...maybe another tiny, lace scarf? Here's a look at it on the spindle, post-plying...sooo pretty! (Can you see the sparkle? It sparkles!)

In the meantime, I'm also knitting some of my other handspun! First I had to wind the yarn from a skein into a ball. I used my favorite (and most commonly used) tools...

...and then I started this scarf!

I love how this alpaca/silk yarn is knitting up, and even though I am back on the knitting, I am still a spinning fool! Crazy! That must be why I love my friend Jane so much!!! Well, that and her sense of crafting adventure is just infectious...here she is, bonding with joey the llama! :)

And her smile...she has the best smile! I love how much my friends make me smile, and I love that you stopped by today! I hope that you are smiling, too...

Now it's time for me to sign off, and for all of us to Knit (or spin, or crochet, or craft) in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment