Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This is Bananas!

I wanted to write a long post this morning, but my life has been just bananas lately. (Luckily, I am not buried in snow...none here at all actually...this one totally missed my neck of the woods - yay!) But, despite the good weather outside, and this brand-new monitor on my desk at work...

...this big, beautiful monitor, accompanied by a lovely new computer, as well as a new server for the office, all very GOOD things...keeping my office functioning has become a flurry of crazy! Running  from office to office (and computer to computer), checking connections and changing settings has been on the agenda for the past few days, and today will be no exception. I am no expert at this stuff, and I freely admit this. Still, I do know a thing or two, and I think I am pretty handy when it comes to this sort of thing, but this transition is starting to really  kick me in my geeky butt! (Ouch! Luckily there is an expert in charge, to answer questions by phone and spend hours in the office doing what I can't and holding my hand. Thank you Jim!) But, it's getting so that when I finally settle onto the sofa in the evenings, I don't even feel much like knitting on my current projects...

All together now, one...collective...GASP!

But I did manage one new little project, and it's Bananas...see?

I wanted to get a better closeup for you, but Bananas insisted on going "in cognito" if I took any more photos. He said that either a disguise or a pair of overalls would help him cope with his embarrassment, so I did what I could:

Bananas is happy to announce that he will not likely be an only monkey, and I hope to have many more monkeys to show you in the near future. For now, though, I'm going to have to step away from the Bananas to work out some of the bugs! I hope you are enjoying whatever brand of "bananas" life is throwing at you today, and that you will have the time (and the inclination) to Knit in Good Health this week! (Especially if you are one of the ones buried in snow today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment